Contact: Alan Ferguson
Phone: (402) 214-3702
Make Model: Winnebago Chieftain
Nearest Major City: Omaha NE
I have a 25' 1973 Winnebago Chieftain with a 415 V8 (gas) Dodge Engine.
Can drive home right now. This is a great road trip or tailgating
machine, I really don't want to get rid of it but I'm a full time
student and need the money.
1.Water heater. The guys at Lee's propane said it wouldn't cost to much
and that the water should get heated up by the motor when the vehicle is
2. Cruise control. Does not work.
3. Furnace. Not sure whats wrong with it but this RV has had pretty good
maintenance since 1990 so it probably just needs a check up.
4. Has dents and dings on the body and needs a paint job.
1. Motor. Runs great, only has 60,000 miles on it. Took it camping for
an 800 mile trip and nothing indicated there was any kind of problem.
2. Transmission. Shifts great
3. 4,000 watt generator. Turns on from the cab but can't turn off from
the cab. Powers the lights inside and the outlets.
4. A/C. It runs off of the generator or 220 and will freeze you out if
you want it to.
5. Aftermarket Stereo. Has AUX input on the front for easy use of i-Pod.
6. Tires. Brand new, just dropped $1400 to get new ones.
7. Water. All water utilities work including kitchen sink, bathroom
sink, toilet, and shower. Can hold 34 gallons of water.
8. Fridge. Stayed lit for 6 days and 800 miles.
9. Stove and Oven. All burners lite easily.
10.Awning. Has one little rip in it but 9 guys sat under it all night
during a rainstorm, and it can be used as a car port.
11. Microwave. Works on 220 not generator.
12. Heater in cab. Works well
13. Toilet. Works well
14. Shower. Works well.
15: Batteries. 2 deep cycle batteries and regular vehicle battery, all
are new and work well. When the generator is on it charges the deep
cell. Deep cell can jump the vehicle battery in an emergency.
16. Beds. Has a full be that comes down over the cab, two twin beds, and
the dinner table folds down to become a forth bed.
17. TV Antenna. Has a big one that folds down on the roof, I have no
idea if it works.
18. CB radio. Works well
19. Propane. 2 40 pound tanks that power the fridge, stove, and oven.
20. Aluminum body. no rust at all.
21. We'll even throw a tee box in that we made so we could drive golf
balls off of the roof.
Will send more pictures if you want them.
Thanks for looking,